Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Obama: Fire Imus

Kudos to Obama for taking the lead on this.  I was torn on whether firing was too harsh -- I was thinking maybe a few months' suspension plus a $1 million donation to Rutgers' scholarship program -- but he's convinced me.
---------------------

Obama: Fire Imus

Obama First White House Contender to Call for Imus' Firing Over Racial Slur

By JAKE TAPPER

April 11, 2007— - In an interview with ABC News Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., called for the firing of talk radio host Don Imus. Obama said he would never again appear on Imus' show, which is broadcast on CBS Radio and MSNBC television.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Obama said he appeared once on Imus' show two years ago, and "I have no intention of returning."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home