Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Brother the Superdelegate and Why I Don't Trust Him to Pick the Next President

A great article by Rahm Emanuel's brother:

My brother Rahm Emanuel is a superdelegate. I love my brother, and I trust my brother. But I gave up letting my brother dictate my life since he determined whether he got the top or bottom bunk in our bedroom back in Chicago.

So, as much as I love and respect him, I don't trust him and his fellow superdelegates to decide for me and the American people who should be the Democratic nominee -- and, therefore, most likely the next president of the United States.

I want voters to make that decision...

After the democracy-snubbing arrogance of the Bush years, the last thing Democrats should be doing is wavering on our democratic principles on these issues. No super-power granted to superdelegates. And no backroom fudging on Florida and Michigan. Are you listening, bro?

Let me be clear: if Clinton beats Obama fair and square, I will enthusiastically support her -- although I think she will lose.  But if she steals the nomination by strong-arming superdelegates and/or seating the Florida and Michigan delegates, as a matter of principle, I will do everything in my power to make sure she loses.
---------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home