Friday, October 17, 2008

Campaign AdWatch: Rape Victim Assails Palin On Choice

A good video highlighting Palin's extreme views on abortion, with no exceptions for rape and incest: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/16/campaign-adwatch-rape-vic_n_135278.html

Campaign AdWatch: Rape Victim Assails Palin On Choice

October 16, 2008 01:40 PM

Women Against McCain-Palin have released this short, emotionally blunt advertisement in which a young woman relates how Sarah Palin's policies could have played out in her life, to her detriment.
"I was raped, and then I got pregnant. Sarah Palin believes the government should be able to force me to carry the pregnancy to term. Sarah Palin believes that the government should make that choice. Not me. Governor Palin, I didn't have a choice about being raped. But I should have a choice about this."

It's a fitting reminder of how McCain and Palin would extend the intrusive hand of government into affairs in which it should hold no sway. I'd also remind you that McCain thinks that the those who are concerned about the health and well-being of women are "extreme." I'd remind you that when McCain and Palin disclosed Palin's daughter's pregnancy, they took pains to state that Bristol "made the decision on her own to keep the baby," which makes no sense, since they do not in any way acknowledge that Bristol's choice in the matter, matters. I'd remind you that Sarah Palin believes that rape victims should bear the cost of investigating their own cases. And I'd remind you that when asked to consider what a rape victim should do, given Sarah Palin's antipathy to her plight, a die-hard McCain/Palin supporter said, "She should die." All of these things are worth remembering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home