Thursday, March 22, 2007

Creator of '1984' Video Unmasked -- Has Obama Link

So now we know who did the brilliant, powerful Hillary 1984 ad (even Hillary supporters, while I'm sure hating the ad and decrying negative campaigning, will have to admit that it IS brilliant and powerful, perfectly and vividly capturing the beliefs/concerns that many people have about her): it was someone who worked at the company that did Obama's web site, Blue State Digital.  So what?  Neither Obama's campaign nor Blue State Digital had any knowledge of this and Obama certainly can't be held responsible for every action taken by his millions of supporters.
 
I like the way this guy thinks and agree with him -- I too will likely support Hillary if she's the nominee:
DeVellis concludes his Huffington Post posting, "Let me be clear: I am a proud Democrat, and I always have been. I support Senator Obama. I hope he wins the primary. (I recognize that this ad is not his style of politics.) I also believe that Senator Clinton is a great public servant, and if she should win the nomination, I would support her and wish her all the best.

"I've resigned from my employer, Blue State Digital, an internet company that provides technology to several presidential campaigns, including Richardson's, Vilsack's, and -- full disclosure -- Obama's. The company had no idea that I'd created the ad, and neither did any of our clients. But I've decided to resign anyway so as not to harm them, even by implication.

"This ad was not the first citizen ad, and it will not be the last. The game has changed."
-----------------------
Creator of '1984' Video Unmasked -- Has Obama Link


By E&P Staff and The Associated Press

WASHINGTON The mystery creator of the Orwellian YouTube ad against Hillary Rodham Clinton is a Democratic operative who worked for a digital consulting firm with ties to rival Sen. Barack Obama. Philip de Vellis, a strategist with Blue State Digital, acknowledged in an interview with The Associated Press that he was the creator of the video, which portrayed Clinton as a Big Brother figure and urged support for Obama's presidential campaign.

De Vellis said he resigned from the firm on Wednesday after he learned that he was about to be unmasked by the HuffingtonPost.com., a liberal news and opinion Internet site.

"Hi. I'm Phil. I did it. And I'm proud of it," he quickly wrote on his own (new) blog at Huffington Post.

"I made the 'Vote Different' ad because I wanted to express my feelings about the Democratic primary, and because I wanted to show that an individual citizen can affect the process. There are thousands of other people who could have made this ad, and I guarantee that more ads like it--by people of all political persuasions--will follow."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home