Monday, November 03, 2008

Palin Pranked

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!  Drop what you're doing and RUN to listen to Palin getting pranked -- I can't stop laughing: www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/11/1/151958/557/831/649050

Palin Pranked

A Canadian comedy duo called The Masked Avengers from CKOI 96.9 FM in Montreal, Quebec pranked Sarah Palin, convincing her (and her team) they were receiving a call from French President Nicolas Sarkozy.

In the interview, which lasts about six minutes, Palin and the pranksters discuss politics, pundits, and the dangers of hunting with current vice-president Dick Cheney.

The transcript is below -- you gotta read it as you listen so that you understand some of the hilarious jokes they're making at her expense:

FNS: Thank you very much. You know my wife, Carla, would love to meet you. You know even though she was a bit jealous that I was supposed to speak to you today. [Hahahaha]
SP: [Hahahha] Well give her a big hug from me.

FNS: You know my wife is a popular singer and a former top model and she's so hot in bed. She even wrote a song for you.
SP: Oh my goodness! I didn't know that.

FNS: Yes, in French, it's called "Du rouge à lèvres sur une cochonne" [Translate: Lipstick for a sow literally (but not properly) but it actually means an uninhibited girl] or if you prefer in English Joe the Plumber, [sings] It's his life, Joe the Plumber..."
SP: Maybe she understands  some of the unfair criticism but I bet you she is such a hard worker, too, and she realizes you just plow through that criticism like

FNS: I just want to be sure, I don't' quite understand the phenomenon "Joe the Plumber," that's not your husband, right?
SP: Mmhmm, that's into my husband but he's a normal American who just works hard and doesn't want government to take his money.

FNS: Yes, yes, I understand, we have the equivalent of Joe the Plumber in France, it's called, "Marcel, the guy with bread under his armpit, oui."
SP: Right. That's what it's all about, is the middle class, and government needing to work for them. You're a very good example for us here.

FNS: I seen a bit about NBC even Fox News wasn't an ally, an ally, sorry, about as much as usual.
SP: Yeah that's what we're up against.

FNS: I must say, Governor Palin, I love the documentary they made on your life, you know, Hustler's "Nailin Palin."
SP:  Oh, good, thank you. Yes.

FNS: That was really edgy.
SP: [Laughs] Well good.

--------------------------

Working from CatM's great transcript, I changed a few things, added in the French and explained the cultural references.

SP Assist: This is Betsy.
MA: Hello, Betsy. This is Frank l'ouvrier (Frank the worker], I'm with President Sarkozy, on the line for Governor Palin.

SP Assist: One second please, can you hold on one second please?
MA: No problem.

SP Assist: Hi, I'm going to hand the phone over to her.
MA: Okay thank you very much I'm going to put the president on the line.
SP Assist: Ok he's coming to the line.

SP: This is Sarah.
MA: Okay, Governor Palin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home